Make a Difference Today
What is the MJHS Foundation?
MJHS is mission-driven to provide superior care and quality programs to at-risk members of our community. The MJHS Foundation raises funds necessary to make this care a reality, supporting people of all ages and income levels receiving services throughout the MJHS Health System.
When you support the MJHS Foundation, you are giving more than money. You are joining us to say you believe that caring is doing. Your charitable support continues the traditions of generosity and community service started over 115 years ago by our founders, Four Brooklyn Ladies. By donating, you are helping those who rely on us the most, our patients and their families.
What do Donations to MJHS Foundation Support?
Donations to the MJHS Foundation allow us to provide high-quality health care to your loved ones, friends, neighbors, and families when they need it most, and we thank you.
The MJHS Foundation uses donations to help in various areas, including patient care, research and education, spiritual support, and family support services. Donations directly support:
- Quality of Life, Medical Needs & Bill Assistance: The MJHS Patient Care Fund is supported solely by donors and assists patients with the parts of daily life that insurance does not cover. These might include purchasing a space heater when a patient’s heat has been turned off or celebrating the birthday of one of our pediatric patients.
- COVID-19 Relief: As our staff remains on the frontlines caring for our most vulnerable patients and residents, PPE has become a necessity in maintaining the safety of all. Our COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund raises funds to continue to provide N95 masks, disposable gloves, disposable gowns, and any necessary PPE.
- Art & Music Therapy: Art and music therapy can be essential outlets for patients and their families. These therapies are important in comforting patients, expressing grief, or assisting in dementia care.
- Veteran Support: MJHS provides essential care specifically tailored to our honored veterans. Brief examples of this specific care include respectful inquiry, compassionate listening, and grateful acknowledgment when getting to know the men and women behind the uniforms. MJHS is the first hospice in the Greater New York area to earn a Level 5 partner status in the We Honor Veterans program by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- Respectful, Compassionate Care: We provide cultural competency partnerships (like SageCare) and training programs to MJHS staff, helping create a welcoming environment without discrimination. Our staff can also cater to the specific needs of Holocaust survivors, Jewish patients, and many other religions and cultures.
- Recreational Programs: Donations allow us to offer field trips and other recreational programs and therapies to our nursing center residents, allowing them to socialize and actively participate in programs they enjoy. For example, eight of our Menorah Center residents were treated to a VIP experience at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, which included a guided tour, drawing activity and stimulating conversations about muses, artists and painting techniques. We are also able to offer dance and horticulture therapies.
- Dementia Care: Our Menorah Center residents also benefit from the Keys to Dementia Care program, a data-driven curriculum developed by MJHS which leverages the power of music and instruments to reconnect residents with memories and help re-open minds. Donations to MJHS Foundation help support this initiative and continued training on music-assisted therapies for our staff.
Want to Donate to MJHS Foundation?
It’s nearly impossible to put into words all the good that the MJHS Foundation has been able to provide over the last century. Still, all of it is thanks to our generous donors. If you believe, as we do, that life is to be celebrated as long as it’s lived and that everyone deserves access to care, please consider donating to the MJHS Foundation today. As one of the region’s largest not-for-profit health systems, every dime we receive supports our specialized services.