The MJHS Institute for Innovation in Palliative Care
The MJHS Institute for Innovation in Palliative Care is committed to promoting access to evidence-based, specialist-level palliative care through innovation, scientific inquiry, quality improvement, and professional education.
Our research, educational, and program initiatives are dedicated to improving the health care of all people with serious chronic illness—and their families. While much of our work is funded by grants from foundations and other organizations, we cannot accomplish our goals without help from people like you. Please make a gift to support our programs, research, and professional education.
The Institute’s research team works to answer important questions about populations with serious chronic illnesses, including studies that lead to a better understanding of:
- Healthcare disparities
- Methods for improving health care delivery for those suffering from serious chronic illness
- The use of new nonpharmacologic treatments with great potential to better manage symptoms such as pain and dementia.
Education and Training
The Institute team manages programs to develop the skills of physicians, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and others. Areas of focus include:
- An accredited Physician Fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Internships for social workers, pharmacists, creative arts therapists, chaplains, and others
- Interprofessional live and on-demand webinars providing continuing education credits at no charge
- Online e-learning programs. . . and more.
MJHS Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.